Saturday 9 February 2013

Duke of Delhi Book Cover

The Duke of Delhi Book Cover
"Douglas, a little boy from England is evacuated to India together with his gran. There he quickly becomes part of a gang. This is no ordinary gang however, it cosists of an elephant, a street girl, two monkeys and a parrot. Join them on their unusual adventures around India, trying to reuinte their elephant friend with his family, whilst meeting tigers, rhinos and other creatures. Good friends are really all they need".

This was a project from an author who wanted a book cover using 3 illustrations which were provided. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the beautiful Delhi artwork, but I can take credit for bringing it all together with design and additional illustration work. To create a more "Indian" feel and to combine the illustrations I used mehndi as my main inspiration.  This was created using the "frottage" method and Photoshop to finalise the design. There is quite a large bleed area on this image which was quite challenging but I think the end result worked well.

A link to the first draft chapters can be found at http://authonomy.com/books/49541/the-duke-of-delhi/read-book/?chapterid=470518#chapter.  The book is aimed at 5-7 year olds and I'm really looking forward to it being published so that I can see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. this page

    ReplyDelete